|SJB | Empire Services
During the construction of any project, the first step to laying a solid foundation is solid data. SJB/Empire goes to great lengths to provide accurate and dependable data to determine the design and type of foundation required. Specialized equipment and diversified exploratory rigs keep us ready for subsurface investigations for even the most difficult locations. Whether your site is high and dry or low and wet, we are prepared to develop solid data through exploratory drilling, sampling and field instrumentation.
Obtaining Reliable Data
For any project, obtaining accurate and reliable site data is the first step to establishing a solid foundation or geotechnical engineering solution. Our high quality site data and geotechnical engineering evaluations are accomplished through an entirely “in-house” institution of drill rigs and exploration equipment, geotechnical laboratory testing facilities, and geotechnical staff.
- We maintain a fleet of 15 diversified drill rigs, which can perform a full range of subsurface exploration, instrumentation and site testing services, even on sites with difficult access.
- Modern geotechnical laboratory testing facilities and equipment are located in all of our principal offices. These facilities allow comprehensive testing of soil and rock samples, including routine classification and index tests to sophisticated tri-axial shear, permeability and consolidation tests.
- Empire’s experienced geotechnical team of Professional Geotechnical Engineers, Project Engineers, Geologists and Technicians provide rapid, comprehensive site investigation services, which result in an accurate representation of the soil, bedrock and groundwater conditions at a given project site.
Empire has extensive experience on projects of varied size and scope, including residential developments, commercial, industrial and high-rise buildings, bridges, airport and roadway pavements, dams, solid waste facilities, infrastructure facilities, as well as other civil engineering works. We maintain a full complement of engineering analysis computer software and reference material, including the latest Codes and Regulations, available to assist in our evaluations and design recommendations.
Geotechnical Engineering Services
- Building Foundations
- Bridge and Culvert Structure Foundations
- Transmission, Communication and Wind Farm Tower Foundations
- Water Storage Tank Foundations
- Foundations for Various Infrastructure Facilities
- Shallow Foundations, including Spread and Mat Foundations
- Deep Foundations, including Drilled Piers (Caissons), Driven Piles, Micro-Piles, Helical Piles, and Pressure-Injected Footings
- Cantilever and Gravity Retaining Walls
- Flexible and Rigid Pavement Design
- Earth Dam Stability Analysis and Design
- Slope Stability Evaluations and Stabilization Solutions
- Creek, River and Waterfront Protection
- Excavation Shoring and Foundation Underpinning
- Landfill Liners and Final Cover Systems
- Ground Improvement Techniques
- Reinforced and Mechanically Stabilized Earth Structures
- Temporary and Permanent Subsurface Dewatering / Drainage Systems
- Geotechnical Instrumentation
- Structure and Site Settlement Monitoring Programs
- Vibration Monitoring
- Forensic Investigations, including Settlement and Subsidence Analysis
Geotechnical Construction Services
- Special Inspections, as required by Codes and Project Specifications
- Foundation Bearing Grade and Foundation Construction Monitoring
- Pile Load Tests
- Earthwork Monitoring and Testing
- Instrumentation Monitoring
- Submittal Review
- Engineering Consultation
- Payment and Claim Analysis
- Project Administration
- Preparation of Final Project Documentation Reports